Tuesday, February 23, 2021

The Tree of Death

The Tree of Death

by Justin Imel

When my brothers and I had acted up at my grandparents' home, they gave us a choice--they could either spank us or they could call Santa Claus. Not necessarily an easy decision to make, but Mom and Dad could give us a choice because God created man with freewill.

In the Garden of Eden, God presented Adam and his wife with a choice--they could eat from the tree of life and live forever, or they could eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and sin against the I AM. Unfortunately, Adam and Eve chose poorly.

God gave Adam and Eve and all mankind freewill because he wants man to serve him of his own free volition. You and I have a choice to make--are we going to serve God, or are we going to serve self. As we face those decisions, we would do well to consider the consequences for our actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment